Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Introduction

Hello everyone,
My name is Matthew Menezes I am a Senior Mechanical Engineering student here at SJSU with a focus in Mechanical Design (or maybe mechatronics, still haven't decided). I was born and raised in the Bay Area, and I went to Las Positas Community College before transferring to San Jose State. Growing up I was always the kind of kid who loved to tinker with old things around the house, take things apart and see how they worked. As soon as I was old enough I started to work on anything that moved; bikes, scooters, Go-Peds, and then eventually cars and trucks. I have always been passionate about (maybe obsessed) with working, fixing, and modifying my own vehicles. I feel that this is what drove to me toward wanting to become a mechanical engineer.
Now that I am beginning Senior Project, I am eager to take what practical skills I do have and apply them toward a great, forward-thinking, community minded project that is Spartan Superway. The active suspension facet of this project interested me the most, probably due to the fact that it is a team that will need to do extensive mechanical designing likely coupled with mechatronic controls. I expect that working on this project will give me invaluable experience in many forms, such as working in a team/communicating across many other groups to come to a common goal (as will likely be the case in the real world). I hope to use my strengths to better our team, and learn from others where I need to improve. Overall, I am excited to begin this journey with everyone involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment